Wednesday 30 April 2014

Lunch at Loch Lomond Arms Hotel - Scotland -

As I told you yesterday, I spend Sunday at Loch Lomond (here to see more), one of my favourite places. For lunch we went somewhere not too far, as we were quite hungry. We found a little hotel near the loch, the Loch Lomond Arms Hotel, and it had a restaurant, so why keep looking?

Como os comenté ayer, pasé el domingo en Loch Lomond (pinchad aquí para ver más), uno de mis sitios favoritos. Para comer buscamos un sitio que no estuviese muy lejos, ya que teníamos bastante hambre. Encontramos un hotelito con restaurante cerca del lago, el Loch Lomond Arms Hotel, así que, para qué buscar más?


We didn´t want any fancy food, just a quick bite to eat, and this is a very nice place to have it. The restaurant looked exactly as I would like all Scottish living rooms to look like (see photo below). The atmosphere was cosy, and the service was quick. 

No queríamos comida muy elaborada, sólo algo rápido, y este sitio está muy bien. El restaurante es como yo creo que los salones escoceses deberían de ser (la foto abajo). El ambiente era acogedor y el servicio rápido.



The restaurant was very busy, but even so it wasn´t noisy. I think there is nothing worse than going for a nice lunch or dinner and trying to maintain a conversation, but being unable to because the music is too loud, or everybody seems to be shouting.

El restaurante estaba casi lleno, pero aún así no había mucho ruido. Creo que no hay nada peor que intentar tener una comida agradable y no poder conversar porque la música está muy alta o la gente habla a gritos.

I had French toast with Brie to start with. In the menu it comes with bacon as well but I went for the vegetarian option. It was very nice, it came accompanied by a rocket salad by the side which was also good. I love balsamic vinegar in salads, and this one had it! (I forgot to take a photo of that one...).

De primero pedí tostada francesa con queso Brie. En el menú hay la opción de añadir bacon pero yo opté por la opción vegetariana. La tostada con el queso estaba buena, y de acompañamiento traía una ensalada aliñada con vinagre balsámico que a mi me encanta. (Se me olvidó sacar una foto...).

For the mains we ordered fish and chips and a goat´s cheese and caramelised onion tart. My experience is that vegetarians or love or hate goat´s cheese. I personally love it, but I basically love every single type of cheese. I haven´t found one that I don´t like and I tend to bring it home every time I go on holidays!

De segundo perdimos el típico fish and chips y una tartaleta de queso de cabra con cebolla caramelizada. Mi experiencia es que los vegetarianos o adoran u odian el queso de cabra. Yo lo adoro, pero la verdad es que me gustan todos los quesos, aún no he encontrado uno que no me guste!



They were very fast to serve the food, and the waitress was making sure everything was perfect for us. They also sell Scottish craft beers, which next time I will make sure I order a pint of one!

Fueron muy rápidos sirviendo la comida, y la camarera se aseguró de que todo estuviese perfecto. En este sitio también venden cervezas artesanales escocesas, y cuando vuelva me aseguraré de pedir una!


Scores:
Puntuaciones:

Food: 7
Comida: 7
Service: 9
Servicio: 9
Location: 8
Localización: 8
Atmosphere: 9
Ambiente: 9
Will come back? Maybe. I mean, I want to try other places in the area as well. But this is a good one!
Volveré? Tal vez. A ver, intentaré ir primero a otros sitios por la zona también. Pero este estuvo bien!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...